Thursday, May 14, 2009

Slam Poems

Slam poems I've read so far:

Pucker - Ritah Parrish
The Wussy Boy Manifesto - Big Poppa E
America (It's Gotta Be the Cheese) - Eitan Kadosh
I Wore A Coin in My Shoe When We Got Married - Sou MacMillan
The Edge Is Where I Want To Be - Lisa Martinovic

So far, I've realized these poems have a great variety to them. From romantic, to comedic, to somewhat disturbing. They all have one thing in common though, they express emotions or feelings about certain subjects. What might normally be inner thoughts or beliefs are let out. Which is appropriate since slam poems were meant to be read on stage, for audiences to hear.

The poems are pretty entertaining. I especially like "The Wussy Boy Manifesto." It literally had me laughing out loud, and nudging Meghan at the computer next to me, saying "Read this right here." Google it, it's pretty good. :D

1 comment: