Monday, May 18, 2009

The Search Continues

I've managed to find three more slam poems to read. Which is a difficult task. Not to find slam poetry, but to find written slam poetry. Slam poetry is read in competitions, not written down and looked over. The tone of voice, speed of voice and body language are key in the presentation of slam poetry. They add more emotion to the poem than you could get from simply reading it. Even so, I managed to find these slam poems:

Sting - Bleedinout
What Teachers Make - Taylor Mali
Scratch and Dent Dreams - Eric Darby

Alright, I've wasted most of this class googling about fifty different keywords, and have found nothing else. Everything is either in video, or audio form. Of course, these are inaccessible in school, so once I get home I'll put some of those up on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment